Well this is my 100th post. Wow – never knew I had so much to say. Here is where I am at right now…
1. Just finished reading the Bible through for the year. For the past 5 years I have endeavoured to read the Bible in the first 6 months. It is an exercise in focus for me and getting the Word of God in to my life. I really enjoy it and every year is different. Verses hit me round the head, stuff to meditate on.
2. So the season changes…although I still keep reading the Word (a little everyday plus study for preaching), gone back to the Gospels, I now spend time reading a selection of books I have bought during the past 6-12 months…so here goes with the list:
No Perfect People Allowed by John Burke
Can We Do That? by Andy Stanley & Ed Young
Vintage Jesus by Mark Driscoll
Boundaries by Henry Cloud
They Like Jesus But Not The Church by Dan Kimball
For This I Was Born by Brian Houston
Simple Church by Rainer & Geiger
Preaching the Cross by Dever, Duncan, Mohler & Mahaney
Starving Jesus by Craig Gross & J.R. Mahon
Holy Discontent by Bill Hybels
Meatball Sundae by Seth Godin
Moving in the Spirit by Phil Pringle
Quiet Leadership by David Rock
Chazown by Craig Groeschel
Axiom by Bill Hybels
It by Craig Groeschel
Today Matters by John Maxwell
UnChristian by David Kinnaman
The Magic of Thinking Big by David Schwartz
Why read so much I hear you cry? To find inspiration, to be challenged, to learn and because I love too read. May not get through them all but better to aim higher.
3. Started a Life Coaching Course too. I have until 31 December 2008 to complete it.
4. Still praying..but if I’m honest the early mornings have drifted. Mostly because the kids are off school and I have let the discipline slip. I recognised today that letting that happen has effected my focus and thought patterns.
5. Thinking about vision all the time. I am not preaching until September 7th which is the launch of our Church year. We will be talking vision for a while so I am focused on that right now. I have some big dreams which no doubt I will unfold on here.
6. Wondering…where have all the comments gone. Don’t just read – share your thoughts too. I love to hear what others are thinking about, reading, journeying through. I find inspiration from everywhere – nothing more encouraging to my faith than hearing about what God is teaching you, leading you through or the victory He has brought.
[Lets hear some stuff]