So as you can see in previous posts, I have been thinking ahead and making plans for 2009 to be a better year. My spiritual goals are thought about, along with becoming more purposeful about key relationships.
Another area I really want to tackle in 2009 is the Clark finances. I am not convinced that I can be debt free within 12 months but I can certainly make some steps towards it. My goals include…
1. Only debt is my mortgage within 2yrs
2. Only purchase what we can save for. Limit use of credit card to what we can pay off immediately.
3. Save at least 5% of monthly income (not enough but its a start)
4. Increase giving – we tithe as a couple, would be great to increase that to 11% by the end of the year.
5. To do these – review budget and be determined to stick it.
I should rule my finances, not them rule me. I do not believe that God’s best for me is living pay day to pay day. With wisdom I can prosper and have healthy finances.
What will you do in 2009 to get your finances in order? Or what have you done in the past to get them in order?