Are we the architect’s of our future?
God has laid up some incredible things for our lives. Our responsibility is to place ourselves correctly in life, making sure that we stay in those plans. Easy. Or not.
To make 2010 an incredible year, maybe the best one yet here are 10 things you could do:
1. Review 2009: what did you achieve? what did you not achieve?
2. Set the bar: use this years achievements or lack of, to move it a little higher for 2010
3. Read your Bible: go for cover to cover through the year – go on, give it a go.
4. Lay down the BIG rocks: what are the key things you want to see happen during 2010 – holidays, special occasions, events, conferences
5. Mark your boundaries: planning sets boundaries, boundaries determine what is allowed.
6. Learn to say NO: boundaries give you control, they remind you what you should be saying NO to. If you can’t say no you will end up doing some stuff that leads to drift, get you distracted, followed by disappointment (again).
7. Learn to say YES: don’t hide from opportunity. Your year will be shaped by what you say YES to as much as what you say NO to. Some times you just have to go for something.
8. Pray things through: no one says 2010 will be easy but just because it gets tough doesn’t mean you should walk way either. Keep strong in your faith, pray it through and then pray it through again.
9. Get with like-minded people: for those at Xcel join a Connect Group – support, encouragement, sharing of successes and failures too
10. Have fun along the way: make time for hanging out with those special people in your life, know how to chill out and have a laugh
What are your hopes for 2010?
Make some great decisions today and get yourself ready for what God has in store for you