I read the verse below this morning and it reminded me about how I need to be changing. That I am supposed to be becoming more like Jesus and it just got me pondering if I am.
I want to. I really want to.
I am afraid though that I may get in the way of that change.
Let’s be honest, we don’t always see it as well in ourselves as we do in others. We are all too quick to see how others definitely need to be transformed but unwilling to notice the need for that change in ourselves.
But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord. (2 Corinthians 3:18 NKJV)
Sp my prayer this morning was simply this…to be changed, to be transformed…
– in attitude
– in how I deal with people
– in how I love my wife and my family
– in fulfilling the purposes of God
– in hearing Gods voice
– in being led by Him
– in pursuing Gods purposes and not just my own
– in representing Jesus the best that I can
– in allowing the Holy Spirit to have His way in my life
– in not just knowing that I am filled with the life of Christ but actual living like that’s the most important
I don’t want to fall short in all that could have in my life with Christ as the head. I pray that I will not be so headstrong in pursuing my own dreams that I miss out on all that God has for me. Transform me Lord. Change me. Amen