Today I went to an investiture for a local person receiving an MBE. It was great to listen to the citation of all that this person had accomplished.
A number of things came to mind…
1. You never know everything about people. In over 50 years you can get involved in quite a lot.
2. Everyone has the potential to make a difference. You just have to want to.
3. You have to be willing to put the work in. There will be challenges and obstacles along the way, no one says making a difference isn’t hard work.
4. Not everyone will understand why you are doing all that good stuff for others. After all, we are not all into the same things.
5. It’s good to honour. Find someone and tell them well done. It doesn’t need to be a big occasion, just genuine.
6. I could probably do more to make a difference. It’s not a competition, nor is it healthy to compare but maybe I need to be more about making a difference where I can